Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crochet Classic Ripple Afghan

Crochet Classic Ripple Afghan




If you tell others about my work, please only link back to my blog, but don't copy my patterns to your site. Also you can sell anything you make from my patterns, but don't sell the free pattern. Thank you!

My Crochet You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/amray767

This Crochet Ripple Afghan blanket was easy and fun to make. This crochet pattern looks so nice on my couch or just to cuddle up with. My Aunt in law gave me the pattern to make this pretty crochet blanket.

Abbreviations:
sc=single crochet
sk=skip
ch=chain

Materials:
Caron soft yarn, light brown, dark brown, and cream
H hook
4 balls of color A, 3 balls each of B, and C

Gauge: 1 pattern measures 4 inches, 5 rows to 2 inches.
About 44 by 67 inches when finished

Color A= light brown yarn
Color B=Dark brown yarn
Color C= Cream yarn

With Color A- Chain 251

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from the hook. 1 sc in each of the net 8 ch, * 3 sc in next ch, 1 sc in each of next 9 ch, skip 2 ch, 1 sc in each of next 9 ch, repeat from * to last 10 ch, work 3 sc in next ch, 1 sc in each of next 9 ch, ch 1, turn.

Row 2. Skip 1 sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc, *3 sc in back loop of next sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc, skip 2 sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc, repeat from *across, end 3 sc in back loop of next sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc, leaving last stitch unworked, ch 1, turn.

Repeat Row 2 for pattern working 6 more rows with Color A, work off last sc with Color B. Repeat Row 2 working stripes of 8 rows each Colors B, C & A. Working until there are 21 stripes. Fasten off.

29 comments:

needlekrafter said...

I've hoped to make a ripple throw... this is a nice pattern. thanks.

Laly! said...

What a nice pattern! I'm new at crocheting (began Jan., 4th, 2012), and a ripple afghan is something I want to make my husband. Thank you for the pattern!

lulusmama said...

Why aren't you on fb anymore. I was searching for you. I hope everything is ok. :)

Amy said...

I'm on fb, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crochet-Free-patterns/204421996298905

I'm doing good, almost done with a dress.

Anonymous said...

I have been on the internet searching for a ripple afghan pattern just like this for several days now to print off so I could make one. I have just made my first ripple afghan and I am 68 years old. Mine was not like this. It was dc and I have wanted one like this. YEA! today I found it. Thank you.Sara (Granny)

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else this pattern is just what I have been looking for. I am doing it with hdc rather than sc and a larger hook.

Thank you; Grandma Smith

katkincheloe said...

Hi Amy-
How many sts are in each "pattern"?
I would like to make this beautiful blanket bigger for my husband, and I don't want to mess it up.
Thank you for your time, your beautiful pattern, and your help!

Amy said...

2948 stitches I think.

deb mazar said...

hello Amy, thanks for the pattern . it looks like an afghan i made in 1986. i lost the pattern, was wondering how many oz. in the balls of yarn. thank you.

Amy said...

Sorry I can't remember how many balls of yarn.

Unknown said...

This is the perfect pattern and thank you for posting.
Is there a "print button" so I can print just the pattern and not the whole page of comments etc.
I tried to select pattern only and that didn't work.
Thank you,

Amy said...

You can copy and paste it into your email or word and print it from there.

Gwen Walker said...

R u on YouTube?

Amy said...

on my blog, I have some videos

nykki said...

At the beginning you state to sc in the 2nd chain from the hook. Are you counting the stitch on the hook as the first?

Amy said...

Yes on the hook is the first

Amy said...

4 balls of color A, 3 balls each of B,C, & D

Unknown said...

This is exactly what I have been looking for...Thanks you. 2 questions; what is the reason for skipping the last stitch in each row? And what multiples of stitches would we add to make the afghan bigger/wider? Thanks again.

Amy Lehman said...

To make this pattern wider, add more chains to start, or you could add more segments of the pattern, for example, you could add a few more of this row, 3 sc in back loop of next sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc, skip 2 sc, 1 sc in back loop of each of next 9 sc.

To skip the last stitch, I just followed the pattern was giving to me by my aunt, so idk

Renee Drew said...

Amy, thank you so much for this pattern. I have gone bleary-eyed looking for this pattern. I'm retired now and have decided to start crafting now that I have the time(and space, i'm making my daughter's old bedroom my craft room/den). I just started this project and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Again, thank you!

Debbie Van Ee said...

I'm using my cell phone how do I save this pattern into my Adobe files....

Crochet Jewel said...

not sure? sorry

Donyetta Gray said...

FINALLY! A ripple pattern I can follow. I am fairly new to crocheting and really just learning how to read patterns. Your pattern is the only one I could follow. Thank you! I want to make an adult blanket, how many chains do I start with? Do I still follow the pattern after the (*)?

Crochet Jewel said...

yeah this should work for an adult blanket

gerry said...

I am confused on the amount of yarn.
I see 4 balls of A and 3 balls each of B, C, & D. I only see three colors. I am anxious to start this afghan. Love the pattern. Could you clear this up for me. Thanks.
Gerry

Crochet Jewel said...

Sorry I will change it, just to A, B, and C.

Daisy Mae said...

Do I need 4 skeins of each or 3 of each? If the rows are equal, I would think an equal number of skeins in each color. Thanks.

Crochet Jewel said...

Its been a while since I did this pattern, cant say for sure, but I do see I wrote different answers, try this, 3 balls each of A, B, and C

Crochet Jewel said...

Its been a while since I did this pattern, cant say for sure, but I do see I wrote different answers, try this, 3 balls each of A, B, and C